- Taught by Houston’s top scholastic coaches. All Master Level Coaches.
- Enrollment limited to 100 campers.
- Campers may bring their own lunch if they have any food allergies. Snacks will be provided. Students have an option of free lunch provided by HISD.
- This camp is a district wide camp. Half day camp (8 am – 12 pm) are for beginners in K-2nd grade Only. Full day camp (8 am – 6 pm) are for campers in 3rd grade and above. Campers will be placed according to their rating but will get a chance to play more experience players. Structured camp includes team chess and tournament.
- Half day camp for 2 weeks ($300); Half day camp for 1 week ($150)
- Full day camp for 2 weeks ($500); Full day camp for 1 week ($250)
- Camp would be from Monday to Thursday ONLY (HISD is closed on Fridays.)
- Note: Your child will not be enrolled in any class until we received full payment. Please
- make checks payable to: T.H. Rogers Chess Club;
- note your child(ren)’s name(s) on checks;
- drop off payment at Rogers front office or mail to:
T. H. Rogers Chess Club
5840 San Felipe
Houston, TX 77057
Other Terms, Conditions, Policy and Procedures
- H.I.S.D, TH Rogers, Volunteers and Coaches are not responsible for any injury occurring as result of regular camp participation.
- NO AFTER CAMP SUPERVISION: Please pick up your child on time which is 6pm.
- CONDUCT/DISCIPLINE: In order to provide a safe and nurturing environment, students must exhibit appropriate behavior. Children enrolled in Chess camp are expected to follow the HISD Code of Conduct required at Rogers. Children who fail to conduct themselves according to this standard will be given a warning and their parents will be notified of their misconduct. Children suspended from the chess camp for misconduct will not be entitled to a refund of any tuition, fees, or registration paid.
- NOTIFICATION: It is important that you notify the camp in writing or via e-mail if your child will be absent.
- MEDIA RELEASE: Permission to T.H. Rogers’s chess club to use or publish any pictures or other media on which the student appears. Publications might include, but not limited to the club’s website & twitter, school, newspapers or other HISD publications.